Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Easiest Pancake Recipe


This morning, I woke up hungry and craving pancakes from Cracker Barrel, but since we decided to challenge ourselves to only eat at home, I knew I had a dilemma. In addition to our challenge, I have decided to try gluten free again. I am not very good at making pancakes, normally I burn half of them and I am not eating gluten, so what's a girl to do? Then I remembered I had a package of gluten free pancake mix I had never tried.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/gf_pancake-mix.html?&cat=15
 A few days ago I made pancake squares and I decided to adapt that recipe to make gluten free pancakes and they were so good. They were so good in fact, I checked the package to make sure they were gluten free. I’m not sure I will ever cook another pancake in a skillet again. I used Bob's gluten free mix but I am sure that any mix that makes 12 pancakes would work.
http://onceamonthmom.com/pumpkin-pancake-squares/

The Best Pancake Recipe:
1 ½ cups Bob’s Pancake Mix
1 egg (mine was a small farm  fresh egg)
1 ½ cup of milk
½ cup of peach puree or any other fruit puree like banana or pumpkin
2 T oil
1 t vanilla
½ t almond extract
1 t cinnamon
¼ t nutmeg
1 T brown sugar
Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and wet ingredients in a small bowl. Pour wet into dry and mix until everything is wet, but don’t over mix. Pour into a sprayed 9x13 pan and place in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean. Makes 12 squares.
They were fantastic, I didn’t even remember to take a picture. 
My yummy pancakes
 


No comments:

Post a Comment