Thursday, July 11, 2013

35 Weeks

I find myself looking at the calendar to make sure this is real, that I’m really still pregnant at 35 weeks. It’s absolutely a miracle we have made it this far. We definitely had a scare in the second trimester when her growth continued to drop, remember- when it got down to 20%? Now, it’s back to normal at 46%! I still can’t get over when my doctor told me he had never seen a baby’s growth curve turn back the other way after dropping so much. I call that a miracle.

Yesterday, we went to our check-up and got a great look at Baby Girl on the 4D ultrasound. Before, I didn’t really see what all the fuss was about, especially since I have had ultrasounds nearly every week. Now that I have seen it for myself, I can say that it is pretty awesome. I hope you will agree that the one of her smiling is so amazing! I wonder what she was thinking?

How far along? We are now 35 weeks and 1 day.

How is she doing? She is continuing to grow and we estimate that she weighs over 5 ½ pounds. I’m so excited to meet her! We can see her hair on the ultrasound and I can’t wait to find out what color it is.

How is mom? I’m doing great. Still no blood pressure worries. I’ve had several cramps in my legs at night, but otherwise I’m sleeping pretty well.  

Praise/Prayer Request: We continue to praise God that he has blessed us with this pregnancy. He has heard our prayers, and yours too. We have scheduled the delivery/c-section and ask for prayers that everything goes well and recovery is a breeze. For Baby Girl, we pray that she is born with fully developed lungs.


I want to thank my friend for taking these maternity pictures for me. Please visit her here to see more of her work: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cara-Brashier-Photography/117759824942094?fref=ts

2 comments:

  1. So so happy about this baby! And thank you for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing!!! It gives me great encouragement to see your progress as I also have NS. Praying for God's full on demonstration of His love and grace upon you and your baby's life. Be blessed!! xx

    ReplyDelete