Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Healing


I remember, when I first found out I was having kidney problems at the age of 16, several ladies coming up to me at church telling me that God could heal me if I would stop worrying and give all my problems to God. For a while I thought, well maybe if I show God that I believe He will heal me. If I show Him that my faith is great enough He will heal me. As time went on I came to a place of Peace with my kidney disease. God is able to heal, but he is also able to take this thing that’s bad and make it into something that’s really great. 

I’ve learned so much through having kidney disease, through each baby that I have had to give back to God, through every bad thing- God has shown himself faithful to bring us through these circumstances. I’ve been able to talk to others about what I have gone through and reassure them that they can walk through this time in their life. And even though some parts of my life are not perfect, there are other areas that are flowing over with love and greatness.

The biggest realization that continues to help me every day is that every day that I have to live is a day given to me by God. None of us are promised tomorrow, I could die young from kidney disease but we could all die tomorrow from an accident driving in our car. When I realized how lucky I am, I became much more forgiving, much more patient, much more loving. I think that what I have gained is something very hard for others to grasp. Now, don’t take that as my kidney disease is at a life threatening stage- it’s not. Take from this that the little things we worry about, the little things we get upset about, none of those things would really matter if tomorrow it was all gone.

I believe that God is going to work this all out, and he is going to heal me one day. I would ask that you would join in us in praying that God manifest His healing in my life. 


Genesis 50:19-21
19 But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment