Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hydrangea Wreath Under $10

With all the time I spend on Pinterest, I finally decided I needed to start making some of the cute things I was seeing. I did a search for hydrangea wreath and here is what I found: http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=HYDRANGEA%20WREATH

There are a lot of really cute wreaths out there. My friend and I went out shopping for the supplies and the next day we put together our wreaths. I am very pleased with the finished  wreath and most of all that it was done for under $10.

Here is what I needed:

1 cardboard wreath. I found mine at Michael's near the foam wreaths, but the cardboard wreath is much cheaper. You could also cut your own out, but I think this will be more weather resistant. ($2.50 maybe)

2 bunches of hydrangeas. Michael's was having a 60% off sale. ($6.00)

Ribbon. I found this at Hobby Lobby 50% off. The whole spool was $5.00 but I only used about 2 of the 30 feet that is on it.

Hot Glue Gun

Scissors

Here is how I did it:

First: pull the leaves and flowers off your bunch. Cut the stems off the leaves.

Second: Glue leaves around the wreath.

Third: Space the flowers evenly around the wreath and glue them on. Leave a small space for your ribbon.

Fourth: Tie a cute bow with the ribbon. Nothing fancy, simple will do.

Fifth: Take down the Easter Wreath that's been up there a few weeks after Easter has already passed. Quickly hang up your new wreath before wiping the pollen off the door.

Maybe one day I will show you the entire front porch, but for now your not missing much. It is really calling for a fresh coat of paint, but that is going to have to wait until after Baby Girl gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment