Thursday, July 19, 2012

When something works TOO GOOD.





I woke up this morning ready to accomplish everything on my to-do list. After I took a shower I decided to use some hair product that Matt bought and didn’t like. I just hate when something works too good. Normally, I use something in the front of my hair to keep my bangs from fanning out and looking 80’s on me. That will certainly not be an issue today since this stuff I used has done a very very good job of keeping my hair where I put it. My hair and I have good days and bad days. Have you heard that country song where the guy is talking to his teen-age self telling him to take the typing class and other handy advice? Well, sometimes I wish I had had a song from an older me when I was in high school so that I could have enjoyed my flat tummy and skinny days with long, beautiful and thick brown hair. Check out this youtube video, it's so funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKIQXb7yZUU

Every person in my FSGS support group can sympathize with me when I say that prednisone does horrible things to our bodies, but for some reason it really helps our kidneys. I took this devil drug over 6 years ago at high doses and that’s when my hair really fell out. It grew back a little but with every unsuccessful pregnancy I have had to take it again and it falls out more each time (I've been pregnant three times now). It’s so thin now and that is why I have decided to go with a very short hair cut.  It hurts my feelings so much when people ask “what happened to your hair?” I like to think what might possibly be going through their head. Did her hair get stuck in a fan? Did someone accidentally stick their gum in her hair instead of a trash can? Did she accidentally stick her finger in a light socket? Did she and the curling brush get in a fight in which the curling brush won? Really, is it not obvious that I cut my hair off? (I mean all 8 strands of it) I blame it all on prednisone. That demon in disguise makes just enough of my hair fall out that it looks bad, but not enough that I need a wig.  On the other hand I love when people say that they love my new hair cut.

I have managed to accomplish part of my goals for the day, canning 8 jars of peach jelly. The day is not over yet so I am sure I will get everything done. 


Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine, but a broken spirit drieth the bones. KJV
A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. MSG

A thin spot of hair.
Right after my friend highlighted my hair. It's not very noticeable,
next time I'm going lighter.

My friend and me in college, she did my hair then too. I was on prednisone in this picture and that's why I have a moon face.

3 comments:

  1. Comments like that get me so riled up!!! I think you look beautiful, and I'll say that your moon face was WAYYYY better than mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prednisone sucks. I think you look adorable with short hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I read about your blog from your post on the Inspire Forum. I too have FSGS and have a blog.. http://livingwithfsgs.blogspot.ca/ but I have it set to private so if you are interested in reading it you are welcome to write me at ( eh phototography dot ca at gmail dot com ) (no spaces, etc.. just don't want spam emails).

    Eva.

    ReplyDelete