Friday, August 1, 2014

Baby M Turns ONE!

A few weeks ago, we celebrated Baby M turning ONE! It was really exciting for me because we tried and waited so LONG for a baby. I felt like things weren't real when she was first born since Baby Malakai was only with us for a week. As she grew and got older, I relaxed more but making it to one year really feels like this is real and forever. 

Her party was so cute, my husband said I was really throwing it for me because she doesn't really know what's going on and he was right, I was ready to celebrate her being a part of our family. 

She has taught me so much over the last year, I can't say one thing stands out more than another but it's sweet to watch her enjoy life and get excited about the simple things. She's a constant reminder of what love really is as we are both still learning so much about her growing up. Sometimes, I don't know why she is crying and it turns out she is ready for a bottle earlier than expected. She's doesn't stay mad at me, she's just thankful when I get her bottle ready and hand it to her. Other times, I might hurt her feelings when I walk past her and she wanted me to pick her up, she doesn't let her hurt feelings ruin her day though, and a cuddle makes it all better. She gets so excited when her daddy gets home from work in the afternoon and can't wait for him to hold her. These simple things have taught me so much.

On her Birthday we were in the kitchen and she took her first steps! Now, she is able to walk really well, taking about 6 steps at a time by herself. She is also getting into so much now, she wants to explore everything in the house! I've even had to put baby locks on the kitchen cabinets because she is quick at pulling everything out!

Even on our hardest day, I still think that being a stay-at-home mom is the best thing in the world. I can't wait to watch her learn more over the next year!

Here is a cute picture of us from her one year pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment