Tuesday, March 5, 2013

18 Weeks


Yesterday, Matt and I went to our 18 week appointment to see our Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor and have an in depth look at Baby Girl on the ultrasound. I was so nervous about this appointment! I feel like 18 weeks is one of several milestones since our first pregnancy with Teddy ended at 18 weeks.
 

The appointment went really well. The ultrasound tech was great and made the experience so much more enjoyable. I drank a lot of sweet tea before the appointment to make sure that Baby Girl was awake and moving around and I think it back fired because she was really active. Next time, I won’t drink caffeine before the appointment. During the ultrasound we got to see her flip around, hold her hands together like she was praying, wave at us, and wiggle a whole bunch. It was really cute for us but I could tell it was making the ultrasound tech have a hard time getting her images.  
 

With Teddy, my first pregnancy, we suspect that the antibodies in my body attacked the uterus cutting of blood flow to him at 18 weeks. Then with Malakai, he had already started to fall behind on growth at 18 weeks because of the anti-bodies again (he was below 40% on the growth charts at this time). Having Teddy pass away at 18 weeks and Malakai already showing signs at 18 weeks that there was a problem, it added to the fear of my appointment yesterday. So far, baby girl is still growing and she is maintaining her 61% on the growth charts. The MFM said that we should count on a big healthy baby since she is looking so good!
 

We continue to pray that she grows bigger and stronger every day. We are specifically praying that the antibodies don’t attack the placenta so that she continues to get all the nourishment she needs and her growth stays on track.

1 comment:

  1. What amazing pictures! I'm glad to hear she is growing well:) I love the outfit, I can't wait to find out what we're having so I can start buying stuff:) Thanks for the update, can't wait to hear more great news!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete